How To Easily Make Gratin Dauphinois In Only Nine Steps
Gratin dauphinois (for six servings) :
Preparation : 25 minutes
Cooking : 50 minutes
- 1,5 kg potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30cl sour cream
- 80g butter
- 1l of milk
- Ground nutmeg
- Peel, clean then cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Chop the garlic.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil and add garlic, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Dip the potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 360 ° F (thermostat 6).
- Butter a gratin dish.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in the gratin dish.
- Spread cream over them and add few butter knobs.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
You can add grated cheese all over the top of your gratin dauphinois !
Roast chicken, beef tenderloin, sausages or veal kidneys will go very well with your gratin dauphinois. A dry white wine will be perfect. Some red wines can fit the bill too !