How To Easily Make Tomato Fondue In Only Nine Steps
Tomato fondue (for four servings) :
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
- 50g butter
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 800g canned tomatoes
- A pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 30cl dry white wine
- 500g grated gruyère
- Baguette / bread
- Melt the butter in the fondue pot and slowly brown both chopped onions and crushed garlic.
- Drain carefully the tomatoes and mash them.
- Add them in the fondue pot then add oregano, paprika, chopped basil and white wine.
- Season with both salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add gradually the grated gruyère and cook over low heat until it is melted.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Make bread cubes out of your baguette.
- With garlic and butter in a large saute pan, just add your bread cubes in the oven and bake it until crisp and dry, done !
- To eat your tomato fondue, dip the cubes you made from baguette or bread.
You can eat your tomato fondue with roasted potatoes as a side dish.
A dry white wine will go very well with your tomato fondue.