How To Easily Make Veggie-Stuffed Tomatoes In Only Ten Steps
Veggie-stuffed tomatoes (for four servings) :
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 30 minutes
- 4 large tomatoes
- 170g mix cereals and dried vegetables
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F (thermostat 6).
- Rinse tomatoes, cut out the top and hollow out each tomatoe. Keep both tomato caps and flesh aside.
- Peel zucchini and cut them into small cubes.
- Cut bell pepper finely and chop the garlic, shallot and parsley finely.
- Bring water to a boil and add the mix of cereals and dried vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes then drain and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, heat oil and brown both chopped onions and garlic.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper and tomato flesh.
- Cook for 5 minutes and stir from time to time.
- Add chopped parsley and the mix of cereals and dried vegetables. Stir gently.
- Stuff the tomatoes and put their caps back !
- Put the stuffed tomatoes in a gratin dish, add a drizzle of olive oil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, done !
A rosé is highly recommended with veggie-stuffed tomatoes !