How To Easily Make Beef Bourguignon In Only Eight Steps
Beef bourguignon (for four servings) :
Preparation : 60 minutes
Cooking : 300 minutes
- 600 to 800g beef chunk
- 4 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1 bouquet garni (a bundle of aromatic herbs including at least thyme, bay leaf and parsley)
- 1 red wine bottle
- 100g butter
- Remove the fat from the beef chuck and cut the meat into 1 inch chunks.
- Chop the onions, melt butter in a pan and brown the chopped onions.
- Add them in an iron simmer pot.
- Cook all sides of the beef chunks in the pan and add them gradually to the simmer pot too.
- Deglaze the pan with water or wine and bring to a boil to get the cooking juice.
- Add salt and pepper and pour the sauce in the iron simmer spot.
- Pour half the red wine bottle, add sliced carrots and the bouquet garni. Let simmer for 3 hours. Let cool for now.
- The next day, add the remaining red wine and let simmer for 2 more hours, done !
The next day, when you let simmer for the last hour, you can add potatoes to the iron simmer pot ! Potatoes, as a side dish, will go very well with your beef bourguignon.
A dry red wine is highly recommended with your beef bourguignon !BC1PPF