How To Easily Make Bouchées À La Reine In Only Twelve Steps
Bouchées à la reine (for six servings) :
Preparation : 20 minutes
Cooking : 40 minutes
- 300g veal rump steak
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 200g button mushrooms
- Small veal quenelles
- 45g butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 75cl chicken stock
- 3 egg yolks
- 10cl sour cream
- 1 white wine glass
- Ground nutmeg
- 6 flaky pastry crusts
- Cut the button mushrooms and the small veal quenelles into slices.
- Chop the veal rump steak into tiny cubes and cook it quickly.
- Melt the butter in a stewpot (cooking pot), add the flour and stir continuously during 3 minutes.
- Mix the making with the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the meat, the button mushrooms, the glass of whine wine, pepper and the ground nutmeg. Continue heating while stirring continuously.
- Add the veal quenelles and stir carefully.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sour cream then pour the making into the cooking pot while stirring. Cook over low-heat during 5 minutes.
- Put the flaky pastry crusts into the oven (thermostat 6 -180 ° C / 350 ° F) to warm them up.
- Once they are warmed and very dry, cut off their hats (the top) and keep them aside.
- Display them on plates and fit them copiously with the making you made from the cooking pot.
- Put their hats back on the top, done !
- Serve them right away while it is still hot.
Tagliatelle, pasta or any sort of rice are highly recommended as side dishes.
A dry red wine will go very well with your bouchées à la reine.BC1PPF