How To Easily Make Carbonnade À La Flamande In Only Nine Steps
Carbonnade à la Flamande (for four servings) :
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 180 minutes
- 1kg beef chunk
- 3 onions
- 2 gingerbread slices
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 250g lardons
- 2 white bread slices
- Traditional mustard
- 10 pink peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 dark beer 33cl bottles (Chimay blue for instance)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 bouquet garni (a bundle of aromatic herbs including at least thyme, bay leaf and parsley)
- 2 garlic cloves
- In a pressure cooker, put butter and olive oil.
- Then cut the meat into 2 inches chunks and add them to the pressure cooker.
- Add the lardons and the chopped onions.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and stir gently.
- Spread mustard over the bread slices and put it on the meat (mustard side). Stir gently.
- Pour the 2 dark beer bottles.
- Cut the gingerbread into pieces and add them to the pressure cooker.
- Add the bouquet garni, salt, pepper, the pink peppercorns and the chopped garlic.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and cook over low heat for 3 hours, done !
Roasted or steamed potatoes, as a side dish, will go very well with your carbonnade à la Flamande.
A dry red wine is highly recommended with your carbonnade à la Flamande.