How To Easily Make Fish Blanquette In Only Seven Steps
Fish blanquette (for four servings) :
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 40 minutes
- 600g pollock fillet or cod
- 400g canned button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 15cl white wine
- 15cl single cream
- Bouquet garni (a bundle of aromatic herbs including at least thyme, bay leaf and parsley)
- Chop the onion.
- Add butter in a pan and brown the chopped onion.
- Add the button mushrooms, pour the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the single cream, the bouquet garni, and both salt and pepper.
- Carefully stirr and boil down.
- Rinse the pollock fillets (or cod), wipe them off and flour them.
- Add them in the casserole dish and cook stew over low heat for 20 minutes, done !
Roasted potatoes or steamed potatoes will go very well with your fish blanquette.
A dry white wine is highly recommended with your fish blanquette.