How to easily make asparagus mousse in only nine steps
Asparagus mousse (for four servings) :
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
- 1kg asparagus
- 30cl semi-skimmed milk
- 6 gelatin leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon low fat cream
- Clean and peel the asparagus then cut them into small pieces. You can keep asparagus tips aside for decoration.
- Bring milk to a boil and cook your asparagus for 20 minutes.
- Blend everything using a liquidizer.
- Soften your gelatin leaves in cold water and strain.
- Add the gelatin leaves and the low fat cream.
- Add salt, pepper and let cool for a few minutes.
- Beat your eggs and add them to the preparation.
- Pour and spread the mixture into four ramekins. Leave them in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Unmold in plates before serving, done !
You can use the asparagus tips as decoration. You can also serve your asparagus mousse with full asparagus seasoned with a vinaigrette sauce.
A dry white wine will go very well with your asparagus mousse !