How To Easily Make Celery Remoulade In Only Seven Steps
Celery remoulade (for four servings) :
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 0 minutes
- 1 celeriac (celery root)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon strong mustard
- 25cl oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Peel the celeriac : first cut off the top and bottom then stand the celeriac upright to cut the remaining peel off in vertical stripes. Rince it and drain it.
- Chop it into tiny cubes and pour lemon juice all over.
- Then prepare the remoulade sauce : in a bowl, put the egg yolk, the mustard and a few drops of vinegar.
- Whisk in mayonnaise while pouring a trickle of oil.
- To thin the mayonnaise, add two tablespoons of vinegar one after the other.
- Season and mix with grated celery.
- Let cool in the fridge for two hours.
To avoid the sometimes strong celery taste, you can put water to a boil and add the grated celery for a minute or two. The taste will be softer.
A dry white wine will be perfect for your celery remoulade !