How To Easily Make Cheese Soufflé In Only Ten Steps
Cheese soufflé (for four servings) :
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 35 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 150g grated gruyère
- 60g butter
- 60g flour
- 40cl milk
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C / 350 ° F (thermostat 6). Butter a gratin dish.
- Heat butter in a casserole dish, add the flour and stir quickly for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and whisk for a few minutes over low heat.
- Remove the casserole dish from the stove.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and beat the whites firmly until stiff. Add a pinch of salt.
- In the casserole dish, add the egg yolks one after the other. When done, add the gratred gruyère.
- Add a pinch of ground nutmeg and pepper. Don't salt too much because the grated gruyère is already salty.
- Add the egg whites while stirring slowly.
- Pour the whole mixture into the mold, up to 4 centimeters maximum from the edge.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the fan-assisted oven. Check the cooking from time to time.
If you have a hard time beating your eggs whites until stiff, simply add instant yeast to the mixture !
A dry white wine is highly recommended with your cheese soufflé.