How To Easily Make French Onion Soup In Only Nine Steps
French onion soup (for four servings) :
Preparation : 25 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
- 5 big onions
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 20cl white wine
- 1l water
- 6 white bread slices
- 100g grated comté
- Peel and chop the onions.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with oil and brown the onions until they are slightly golden.
- Add flour, hot water, white wine, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Put the white bread slices in the oven or in the toaster.
- Once toasted, put one bread slice at the bottom of a bowl.
- Sprinkle with grated comté and pour the soup over.
- Sprinkle again with the remaining grated comté.
- Put those bowls in the oven to brown the cheese on the top, done !
You can add chicken broth to your French onion soup, it will be tastier !
A dry white wine is highly recommended with your French onion soup.