How To Easily Make Poached Eggs In Red Wine Sauce In Only Ten Steps
Poached eggs in red wine sauce (for four servings) :
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking : 45 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 100g smoked bacon
- 100g button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 50cl red wine
- 1 bouquet garni (a bundle of aromatic herbs including at least thyme, bay leaf and parsley)
- 1 sugar piece
- White bread / baguette
- Dice the smoked bacon. Chop the onion, the button mushrooms and the garlic clove finely.
- In a pan, melt a butter knob and brown the button mushrooms.
- In another pan, brown the smoked bacon and the onion.
- Sprinkle the bacon and onion with the flour and stir gently.
- Add the red wine, the bouquet garni, the mushrooms from ther other pan, the chopped garlic and the sugar piece. Salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 45 minutes to boil down. The sauce must become creamy.
- To make your croutons : cut your bread into tiny pieces and brown them in a pan with butter or oil.
- Before serving, bring water to a boil, add a tablespoon vinegar.
- Crack your eggs in boiling water to poach them. It should take about 3 to 5 minutes maximum.
- To plate up : spread croutons in a plate, the poached eggs over and pour the sauce, done !
A dry red wine is highly recommended with your poached eggs in red wine sauce !